Infused water is a yummy and hydrating alternative to sugary juices and pops for those hot summer days. Here are some great suggestions from “The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook”.
– Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Orange
Sweet Fruit/ Vegetable:
– Blueberry, Raspberry, Peach, Mango, Pineapple, Cherry, Cucumber
– Mint, Lavender, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme
1. Add a slice of acidic fruit, a handful of sweet fruit or vegetable, and a couple sprigs of your herb to a quart of filtered water.
2. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator. (You can enjoy the infused water immediately, but the longer you let the fruit and herbs infuse the water, the more the flavour will intensify!)
3. Serve and enjoy!
Note: This can keep in the refrigerator for several days so don’t be afraid to make a pitcher!