Nothing beats this perfect summer desert filled with those freshly picked strawberries and rhubarb from the garden!
You can pick and freeze your own rhubarb and strawberries, frozen works as well as fresh
- 3 cups of rhubarb, diced
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- zest from one orange
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Dice up the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Put them in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
For the topping part:
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Chop the nuts in a food processor or plastic bag with meat tenderizer (great stress reliever).
- Mix the nuts, flours, cinnamon, salt and honey together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter and mix well with a fork.
Putting it all together:
- Grease an oven proof casserole or pie dish and spoon in the fruit filling (you can also make individual servings in ramekins
- Use your hands to dot the topping all over the top.
- Bake in a 180 C (350 F) oven for 25 minutes. It’s done when the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbling.